Month of JUNE events:
|Adopt-a-Shelter-Cat Month||Gay and Lesbian Pride Month||International Picnic Month|
|National Dairy Month||National Fresh Fruit/Veggie Month||National Iced Tea Month|
|National Rose Month||National Safety Month||Recycling Month|
|Turkey Lover’s Month||Zoo and Aquarium Month||The Third Sunday in June is Father’s Day|
What are you going to do for JUNE? The weather is nice. You could have a walk with your FAMILY or YOUR TEAM at work. Plan a picnic. These are great low cost events. Pot Lucks, Ice cream break time, and swapping chili and BBQ sauce recipes are all fun to do with your friends, family or work groups. Get outside and enjoy the summer! Plant a tree, take a hike, clean a beach!
Interspersed in this list are a few interesting historical events to this month, so you can think back in time.
- 1 Dare Day
- 2 Mother Earth’s Day and National Rocky Road Ice Cream Day
- 3 Repeat Day Repeat Day
- 4 National Frozen Yogurt Day
- 5 National Doughnut Day
- 6 Teacher’s Day is May 6.
- 7 National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
- 8 National Jelly-filled Donut Day
- 9 Donald Duck Day
- 10 National Yo-Yo Day
- 11 In 1770, British explorer Captain James Cook runs aground on the Great Barrier Reef.
- 12 National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
- 13 National Juggling Day
- 14 Family History Day and Flag Day
- 15 Smile Power Day
- 16 In 1961, Rudolf Nureyev defects from the Soviet Union.
- 17 In 1579, Sir Francis Drake claims a land he calls Nova Albion (modern California) for England.
- 18 In 1981, The Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk, the first operational aircraft initially designed around stealth technology, makes its first flight. In 1923, Checker Taxi starts its first taxi!
- 19 Feast of Forest (in the province of Palawan in the Philippines) and World Sauntering Day
- 20 World Refugee Day (International)
- 21 Summer Solstice
- 22 In 1949, Meryl Streep, American actress and singer is born.
- 23 In 1926, The College Board administers the first SAT exam. United Nations Public Service Day (Intl)
- 24 Eton College was founded in 1441 by King Henry VI of England
- 25 Born Today: George Orwell, British writer (1903-1950) 1852, Antoni Gaudi, Spanish Architect
- 26 Madagascar becomes independent in 1960
- 27 In 1967, the world’s first ATM is installed in Enfield, London.
- 28 Mel Brooks, American filmmaker is born in 1926
- 29 In 1613, The Globe Theatre in London, England burns to the ground
- 30 Happy Birthday to Michael Phelps, 1985, professional swimmer, with many Olympic gold medals