This is an update of what has been taking place
1. We took a trip to Washington DC. We did some personal recon of the situation in Congress. And here is the plan we formulated.. Here are the names of the Representatives in the House Ways and Means Committee. These are basically the Reps who hold the keys to unlocking the Veteran Employment Tax Credit. This Credit will give employers tax breaks for hiring Vets. This is a major bill that needs to pass.
As Veterans we need to pass the word and get other Veterans involved.. It’s as simple as sending these guys an email, Especially if you are a Veteran who lives in their districts.. All you need to do is send them a short email that says your name.. Where you live in their district. And the phrase “vote yes on the Veteran Employment Tax Credit Bills”.
It’s important for all Veterans to get involved in this . If you have to forward this email to your buddies go ahead. For non Veterans this is important for your friends, family members, and loved one’s who are Veterans now or who may be getting out of the service and becoming Veterans. Please help out in this mission.
2. I have been waiting for my Web Site to get set up. Joint Force Veterans. This is the site that I will switch to to handle all of my communication.. The site is still under construction but it is www.jfvets.org. Expect to receive email from me with this server.
3. Updates on the Electric Car Program.
– Skyline and Tesla are working on developing a training curriculum as we speak. The new class is scheduled to open Fall of 2012. It will be open to all students who enroll at Skyline. This class will train in the requirements that Tesla is looking for.
– In the mean time.. Tesla is still getting back to me on the names of the Veterans they have picked to hire. I will contact those Veterans and meet with you guys prior to a private awards ceremony which will be held at Tesla’s factory in Fremont.. After those Veterans have cleared probation we will have an official award ceremony at the War Memorial Building with the “new hires”. At that same ceremony we will also have another hiring event.. Tesla will be able to interview as many Veterans as possible that day.
– Some of the items we discussed with Tesla were.. Creating work shifts around Veteran students so that Vets can still go to school.. Working for Tesla will also provide Veterans with 4 units per semester.. So that Veterans can take 8 units of class and use the work at Tesla to fulfill the 12 unit requirement for the Post 9/11 GI Bill.. So yeah.. Tesla ROCKS..!!! Gotta love these guys.
– We still have training institutes that we are evaluating at the moment for training Veterans now.. So far the tuition money is secured.. The money for laptops is secured.. We are still working on Stipend money. If you are a donor who pledged money for the program. Now is the time to contact me in regards to the Stipend.
– The training program that we have scheduled in June. So far appears to be on track to start up on the 3rd Monday. If problems arise then August at the latest.. This program will provide skills that Tesla is looking for but we are still setting up a program that can put graduates into Tesla.. The plan is to have the graduates also complete the train the trainer programs and if not work for Tesla work for Skyline as instructors..
– I have been so busy working on Tesla and recently I have been so wrapped up in my Presentation and Research for Stanford University that I have been neglecting the Car Program momentarily. Now that I am finished with my Stanford Presentation and have updated my journals on my research.. I can focus on the car program once again.
– So now I can focus on Nissan.. Nissan is very interested in helping Veterans now.. In fact they are very interested in Veterans who have Motor Transport backgrounds who go through the course that we are pushing for in June.. So I will keep you updated on that progress.
4. Some by the way announcements. EDD and Arnell Junio just awarded me with a plaque and gift card for my work with Tesla.. EDD is doing some wonderful things for Veterans and I am happy to be working with them.
– Swords to Plowshares is also stepping up and getting involved with the program and they are providing much needed support. They are such an awesome organization.
– Assembly Member Jerry Hill has invited me to Sacramento to receive the Veteran of the Year award in June.. He even took the time to call me personally. I’ve never met him.. But.. I have always heard great things about him.. And I can see why he is so highly talked about by the people who have met him.
– While in DC I made some powerful connections with some very high powered groups and high powered Veterans. So they are now being introduced into the operation to take part in the battle. So be prepared for some serious Shock and Awe in the future.
Thanks for you time and if you have any questions feel free to write me back. I may have left out a lot of things. So just remind me.
Jarom Vahai email: email@example.com
Member Veteran Advisory Committee Congress Woman Speier
President Skyline Veterans Alliance
Member Veterans Bay Area Alliance
Marine Corps League Education Liason
USMC Sgt. RET