I wanted to take a moment and let you know that The Intersection Event – a unique day-long event on innovation and its effect on the major social issues of our time – recently announced that they will host their second annual event at Google’s Mountain View headquarters, on Saturday, January 19, 2013.
After much anticipation, they have also unveiled their first wave of speaker announcements, revealing a powerful lineup of innovators from a wide range of industries. The event will also be the location for the first annual Gratitude Awards, which will award a total of $30,000 to three education-focused social enterprise organizations.
During this unparalleled day-long experience, the most respected innovators in the world converge with leading social change agents to tackle some of the greatest issues of our time. Speakers spend the day prior to the event together as a group, considering topics that will be shared with the audience the following day. The goal of The Intersection Event is to create intersections of attendees from a wide range of backgrounds who can collaborate to uncover innovations with an impact on social change that are beneficial to themselves, their companies and the global community. Each year, the event is held inside a different venue that embodies innovation and a commitment to helping propel social change.
The inaugural Gratitude Awards will honor non-profits or social entrepreneurs with high potential to move the needle on global social issues through ground-breaking innovations on education. Five finalists will be invited to attend The Intersection Event complimentary and three winners will be named on stage at the close of the event. One Winner will receive $15,000; a Runner-Up will receive $10,000; and an “Audience Pick” will receive $5,000 in funding. Interested parties can enter at www.intersectionevent.com/the-gratitude-awards.
The impressive lineup of speakers announced this week include:
· Evan Williams, Co-Founder of Twitter and CEO of The Obvious Corporation
· Reid Hoffman, Executive Chairman of LinkedIn and Partner, Greylock Capital
· Nathan Myhrvold, Former CTO of Microsoft and Founder of Intellectual Ventures
· Bill Draper, Managing Partner, Draper Richards
· Bill Drayton, Founder, Chair and CEO of Ashoka
· Helene D. Gayle, President and CEO of CARE USA
· Eric Nadelstern, Former Deputy Chancellor of NY City Public School System
· Steve Jurvetson, Managing Director of Draper Fisher Jurvetson
· Jason Yotopoulos, Executive Vice President Global Research and Business Incubation at SAP
· Frans Johansson, Author, The Medici Effect and The Click Moment
· Guru Singh, Teacher, Minister, 3rd Generation Yogi
More speakers will be announced in the coming months at www.TheIntersectionEvent.com.
In addition to its subject matter, speakers, attendees and venue, The Intersection Event is made even more unique in the way it directly supports entrepreneurial endeavors. Proceeds from The Intersection Event are donated to its non-profit 501(c)3 host, The Gratitude Fund , a non-profit social venture fund seeking to empower gifted social entrepreneurs who are embracing innovative products, business models and leadership practices in order to address and defeat social challenges. A selection of social ventures will be “crowd-funded” through The Intersection Event series.
Prospective attendees apply for one of the 300 coveted seats at the 2013 event. Applications are open now at www.TheIntersectionEvent.com.