So much of marketing is focused only on the bottom line. How much can we bump SALES up?
But what about responsible purchases? This is our big moment to flex our GREEN MUSCLES! With that in mind I have re-focused this marketing blog… (but you are welcome to visit the original Grinch’s guide here.)
But sometimes we marketers, frankly, do not.
It seems like they gravitate to the plastic crap
And then put it in glittery plastic gift wrap
Buyers say their budgets are tight the paychecks are lean
But let’s help them think sustainable and GREEN
It’s the end of the year! We must budget and plan!
But we try to be festive as much as we can.
As you work and you stress, you may feel your eyes squinch
Though you love what you do, you might feel like a Grinch.
Responsible Gift Buying and Loving Time Gifts:
- Buy creative play toys made locally out of sustainable materials (wooden blocks, coloring books, t-shirts to color, cookies to bake)
- It doesn’t have to be already put together – try a craft (knitting, sewing, painting), or a hobby growing plants, baking bread. Kids love these accomplishments and treasure the memories.
- Give music or photos or memories.
- A book gift – a book you love and read – recycle!
- Volunteer together as a family or gather a group of friends and help out at the food kitchen or pantry. Planting trees is a great group outdoor event.
- Afterwards, have a picnic lunch / potluck at someones home or go on a food crawl and visit a few restaurants for appetizers and hot drinks.
- Most of all, remember the best gift you can ever give is your Time! Take a walk, go on a hike, play catch, chase waves at the beach. These are the best gifts of all.