Learn about Metabolic Obesity. It affects many of us.
Does sugar cause obesity?
You’ll want to take a look at this video by UC TV, click here>> Fat Chance: Fructose 2.0
Learn more about:
- Fructose –processed by your body the same way alcohol is, it is added to nearly everything.
- Sucrose – Sugar consumption- every country where sugar consumption went up, diabetes went up a few year later.
- Glucose – rice bread startch, becomes glycogen, non toxic, it’s fuel, example: “carb loading” for martathons
- High Fructose Corn Syrup – a sweetener that contributes to obesity, BUT it doesn’t make you feel full.
- Alcohol – addictive & toxic, substrate for obesity, almost the same as sugar, does the same thing to the brain
- Correlation between, diabetes, obesity, soda drinking and unhappiness!
- All related: in the Reward Center of brain, addiction, hunger, reaction to stress.
- Salt, Sugar, Fat, Caffeine…. the building blocks of Fast Food, which is why you crave it.
- Fast Food, processed yogurt, granola bars, high sugar+ low fiber, advertised as nutritious, but loaded with sugar.
- Cardiovascular health depends on good food.
- Big Food produces didn’t want to disclose all ingredients: Proprietary information, food labeling, added sugar in food.
- 56 names for sugar that you may not know!
- Fat Chance the Bitter Truth about Sugar a book by Rob Lustig MD, he is the speaker in the seminar, Fat Chance: Fructose 2.0
- Check out www.responsiblefoods.org – Institute for Responsible Nutrition