Nextdoor helps us find ways that neighbors can come together to conserve resources. For example, neighbors use Nextdoor to sell and give away items, share goods like yard equipment, and work together to save and make money.
- Reduce and reuse: 64% of Americans would be more likely to buy/sell an item if the buyer/seller lived close to their home.
- Top 10 things people are willing to share with neighbors: food (78%), tools (71%), yard equipment (64%), a bike (36%), clothing (26%), shelter (26%), electronics (24%), kid toys (24%), childcare/babysitters (24%), a vehicle (15%).
- Garage sales: 52% of Americans would be more likely to host a garage sale in spring if they had an easy way to get the word out to their neighbors.
- Ride-share: 51% of Americans would engage in carpools with neighbors if they had an easy way to coordinate.
- Save money: 50% of Americans would work together with their neighbors to save money (e.g., group discounts on home services, split child care costs, shared meals) if they had a way to coordinate it.
– Get assistance in finding lost pets and missing packages
Nextdoor’s mission is to use the power of technology to build stronger and safer neighborhoods. Nextdoor believes that when neighbors start talking, good things happen.
– Nextdoor helps facilitate lost summer traditions (playing outside, neighborhood parties, etc.)
– For more information please visit our newsroom HERE.