Download the American Red Cross Hurricane app for iPhone and Android devices to monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm, prepare your family and home, and notify others you’re safe even if the power is out.
- Review the Emergency guides particular to your area. There are some here Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Ready.gov site
- Ensure that your contact numbers are up to date for school & work and completed with emergency contacts.
- More information on Disaster Planning here.
- Program your phone with emergency numbers for your area.
- Follow the advice of local emergency officials and (especially in hurricane-prone areas) monitor local conditions regularly.
- Get free training from the CERT (Community Emergency Response Teaam) groups in your area.