Your Mama told you…. time to take heed! Avoid the flu, feel better, use your fork to make the difference!
For the Slideshow, click here.
- Chili, go veggie, or meat, the beans are great for us, the spices are energizing
- Clementines – Vitamin C – grapefruit, tomatoes, strawberries…. if desperate, drink a fizzy Airborne
- Chicken Soup, there are many recipes, try Healing Soup or THIS ONE its a veggie recipe!, make enough to bring to a friend! ASK has many examples to look at too.
- Foods with Zinc (roast beef sandwich on whole grain bread), nuts, legumes, Vegetarian choices
- Tuna Salad
- Ginger…. ginger tea, ginger snaps, great for soothing a ruffled stomach too
- Dark Greens, Swiss chard, spinach, spring mix salad, make friends with a brussel sprout or two
It’s time to take great care of ourselves. And if cooking isn’t your “thing” arrange a pot luck / wine tasting and bring the wine. Ask friends to each contribute something from this list or a favorite main dish.