Move slowly. Stay in each asana 5-10 breaths. Keep your face relaxed. Focus on your breath. Maintain a soft gaze or close your eyes. Move slowly and mindfully between poses.
These are my favorites:
Awakening! (when you are sleeping outside, do these on your sleeping bag!)
- Cat –Cow
- Child’s pose, really breath into and open your back
- Upward and Downward Facing Dog –
- High Lunge to open your hips
- Seated Twist – It feels so good!
- Thread the Needle – ahh, loosen hip joints after hike
Hiking puts a strain on joints and sometimes those aches and pains are hard to overcome. Try these before your next hike. If you are a beginning hiker, build up to longer hikes. These are my favorite asanas:
- Mountain Pose
- Chair Pose
- Standing Forward Bend
- Warrior I, II, III
- Chaturanga Dandasana