Extended!… more Bees! The exhibition is extended now through June 2017.
Buzz on in to OMCA’s Gallery of California Natural Sciences for the can’t-miss, family-friendly exhibition, Bees: Tiny Insect, Big Impact. Immerse yourself in the wildly diverse and intricate world of one of the most exciting creatures we know, with exciting activities in the gallery:
- Touch on topics of Bay Area beekeeping and the diversity of bee species by trying on a beekeeper suit and examining real bee specimens under a giant microscope.
- Put on your research cap to contribute to citizen science projects at home, like counting bees in your backyard or hunting “ZomBees.”
- Discover the similarities and differences between bees and humans while you crawl through a person-sized honeycomb.
- Check out a beautiful handcrafted bee hotel installed in the OMCA Garden and plan your own bee-friendly garden.
- Explore the causes of bee population decline, learn about the significance of bees to California’s economy and ecosystems, and discover how your own actions can help bees to survive in a changing world.
Bring the whole family to see Bees: Tiny Insect, Big Impact, and take a closer look at one of the most important creatures to human agriculture and the natural environment.